Twitter for Android app was updated recently and included a bunch of updates and enhancements making it is more consistent with other mobile twitter clients.
- Tweet details page. The layout of the timeline was changed and a Tweet details page was introduced. This feature – which is already available in Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for iPad and Twitter for Windows Phone – which can be accessed by simply clicking on a Tweet, makes it easier to click on links and reply to, retweet, or favorite a Tweet.
- Speed. The app was optimized for speed with a new way of drawing a timeline of Tweets which gives a much faster and smoother the timeline loads and scrolls.
- Enhancements. There were some additional touches to the application:
- Pull to Refresh: This popular feature, which was first available through our iPhone app, functions just as it sounds – when you’re at the top of your timeline, simply pull down to load new Tweets.
- Swipe to Reveal: Swipe across a Tweet to get quick access to several options, such as viewing a user’s profile, sharing a tweet, or replying.
- Quote a Tweet: Clicking the retweet icon now gives you the option to quote a Tweet. Of course, you can still retweet as you normally would.
- Hi-res avatar photos
You can down load the Twitter for Android App from the Android Market or by scanning the barcode below.